Digging Deep Coalmining Heritage Project – Visit to the National Coalmining Museum (Caphouse Colliery) – 20th September 2017.
The coalmining heritage project, Digging Deep: Coalminers of African Caribbean Heritage, are running a free trip to the National Coalmining Museum for England (NCM), near Wakefield, on Wednesday, 20th September 2017. The 16 seater minibus leaves the International Community Centre, 61 Mansfield Road, Nottingham at 8am (8.15am latest). The planned agenda for the day is as follows:
- Minibus leaves Nottingham – 8am (8.15am latest)
- Arrive NCM around 9.45am
- Underground colliery tour, Tour Exhibition and oral history training session with Ann Bradley from the NCM.
- Free Lunch (snap) in the pit canteen.
- Minibus leaves NCM – 4pm (4.30pm latest)
- Arrive back at Nottingham – 5.30pm – 6pm
Places are limited so early booking is advised. To book a place on the trip contact Norma Gregory, Project Coordinator, at the Nottingham News Centre on (0115) 871 3819, by mobile on (07984) 825482 or by e-mail at email@example.com